Launch your career with our BA Sociology (Hons.) program. Experienced faculty, hands-on learning, and industry connections.
(BA) in Sociology (Hons) offers a variety of career opportunities in the fields of social services, research, policy-making, and advocacy. Some of the potential career opportunities for those with a BA in Sociology (Hons) include
• Social Worker: they provide assistance and support to individuals, families, and communities to help them cope with personal and social problems.
• Community Organizer: work with communities to bring about positive social change by creating campaigns, advocacy, and building alliances.
• Research Assistant: support research projects by collecting and analyzing data, preparing reports, and assisting with publications.
• Human Resource Specialist: they work in various organizations to manage employee relations, recruitment, and training.
• Non-profit Administrator: Individuals who manage non-profit organizations, fundraising, and grant writing.
• Public Policy Analyst; they research and analyze public policies, conduct evaluations, and make recommendations for policy changes.
• Criminal Justice Officer: Criminal justice officers work in law enforcement and corrections, focusing on issues such as rehabilitation, re-entry, and recidivism for the convicts
• Market Research Analyst: Market research analysts work in business and marketing firms to analyze consumer behaviour, preferences, and trends.
• Diversity and Inclusion Specialist: Diversity and inclusion specialists promote diversity and inclusion in workplaces, communities, and schools.
Overall, a BA (Hons.) Sociology provides graduates with a diverse range of job opportunities in various fields that require critical thinking, research, and problem-solving skills.
The curriculum for BA Sociology (Hons) includes a combination of coursework, research projects, and practical experiences. It includes in detail the introduction to sociology, research methods in sociology, sociology of education and religion and globalization, gender and sexuality and many more social related studies. The program typically includes both theoretical and practical components, including lectures, seminars, fieldwork, and research projects.
• In addition to these courses, students may also have the opportunity to participate in practical experiences such as internships, research projects, and volunteer work. These experiences provide students with hands-on experience in the field of sociology and help them develop essential skills for their future careers.
• The objectives of this program are to equip students with analytical skills, critical thinking, and research skills to understand and analyse social problems and issues. It prepares students for a range of careers, including social work, community development, education, research, policy analysis, and advocacy.
Overall, a BA Sociology (Hons) degree provides students with a deeper understanding of human behaviour, society, and culture, and prepares them for various careers in the social sciences.
The application process at Graphic Era is strictly based on the Merit of the qualifying examination with the entire Admission Process available for completion online