Department of Management Studies is a part of 36 acres of visual grandeur with landscaped gardens, up-to-date architecture and the best on-campus facilities. The department offers learning and relaxation facilities in an inspiring environment. To support the academic pursuit, the department is well equipped with infrastructural facilities and academic resources. The department has spacious digital classrooms, well equipped with lecture halls, seminar halls, conference halls, a state-of-the-art computer centre, and one of the best management libraries of the region, DELL 88/44 Computer Labs and a lavish auditorium that can seat more than 200 participants. The campus also has residential accommodation for students. Major strength of the department is highly qualified faculty members, expert in their respective domain and having vast industry and academic experience. The academic component is delivered through different chairs of streams like Marketing Stream, Finance Streams and Human Resource Stream.
Corporate Interface Cell
Graphic Era University’s management programs equips students in a multifarious way to adorn the student’s personality into a complete package of academic knowledge, social skills, presentability and functional/domain skills. Corporate Interface Cell plays the role augments this skill enhancement process by providing an industry connect to this learning experience. We at Corporate Interface Cell, provide multitude of opportunities for our students to benefit from “Industry-Academia linkage” delivered through:
Graphic Era Entrepreneurship Development Cell (GEDC)
The Entrepreneurship Cell is aimed at developing entrepreneurial spirit among the students and business aspirants of the nation. GEDC is involved in a wide range of activities including grooming, nurturing, mentoring of students for identifying scalable business opportunities and venture development. GEDC encourages creative thinking, problem solving, team building, networking, and opportunity sensing among the students. It has primarily focused on sustainable enterprises development especially in rural, hilly, and remote regions of Uttarakhand.
To request Graphic Era Deemed to be University to support GEDC time to time for project seed funding.
Success Startup Stories of GEDC Student Members
1. Shaurya Pratap Singh, MBA-IEV (2019-2021)
Venture Name : Grabnit Foods Pvt. Ltd.
Brand Name: Snacksy
2. Aditya Aggarwal, MBA-IEV (2019-2021)
Venture Name : Starnuts and Nutritions LLP
3. Divya Chhabra and Harshita Negi, MBA-IEV (2019-2021)
Venture Name: Bellodia Enterprises ltd.
Brand Name: Hey Day’s Oven
4. Nikhil Verma, MBA-IEV (2019-2021)
Venture Name: INCULC PRIVATE LIMITED
5. Krishna Agarwal and Varun Goyal, MBA-IEV (2019-2021)
Venture Name : PRISMATICS LLP
6. Akhil Kolli, MBA-IEV (2019-2021)
Venture Name: Medxpert PRIVATE LIMITED
Graphic Era Socially Responsive Cell (GESRC)
Social responsibility is an ethical theory in which individuals are accountable for fulfilling their civic duty, and the actions of an individual must benefit the whole of society. In this way, there must be a balance between economic growth and the welfare of society and the environment. Graphic Era has come up with mandates for intellectuals to disburse their obligations towards the society. Graphic Era Socially Responsive Cell (GESRC) with the purpose to fulfil societal obligations towards the under-privileged segment of society. The Graphic Era vision and mission on social action and transforming individuals into socially responsible learning community finds coherence with this principle. While we commit to grow in a socially and environmentally responsible way, we would also meet the societal interests of various stakeholders.
To work on collaborations with stakeholders for the welfare of community in the areas of education, health, rural development, and environment
on 26th February 2021 GESRC was flagged off by Padma Shri Kalyan Singh Rawat and with its commissioning a Felicitation ceremony for NGOs servicing Uttarakhand was organized on the same day. The yeoman services provided by ten NGOs of national and regional stature were felicitated to name a few- HelpAge India, Waste Warriors, Maiti foundation, NESTSR and Himwant Foundation Society
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CELL, DOMS, GEU
The Research & Development (R & D) Cell of DOMS, GEU, Dehradun will facilitate and encourage research culture among the faculty and students. Its prime role will be to create contacts with external agencies and organizations exploring project and research possibilities. It will enable a congenial environment for research and monitor the research activities of the department. The R & D cell will encourage the students and faculty to undertake the research projects in emerging and challenging interdisciplinary areas of Marketing, Human resources, Organizational Behaviour, Finance, Entrepreneurship, AI, ML, and others with a special focus on contemporary local, national and international issues. It will enhance the research and development capability of budding managers and academicians by promoting participation in conferences, seminars, workshops, project competitions, etc. The R&D Cell will aim to submit research proposals for grants from different agencies like AICTE, UGC, MSME, etc. The R & D cell will ensure that its strategy, structure, culture will align with the overall mission, vision, purpose, values, and goals of the Graphic Era University, Dehradun.
Global Immersion Program
The students of MBA offered hands-on experience of international study culture and pedagogic practices through Global Immersion Program that enables them to visit and attend workshops, seminars and undertake internships in foreign universities and premier organizations abroad. Under this program the MBA students have visited countries like Singapore, Dubai, Malaysia.
Foreign Collaboration Graphic Era (Deemed to be) University signed MoUs with following universities:
• College De Paris, France
• Rennes School of Business, France
• University of North Alabama, USA –
• Arkansas State University, USA –
• National University, USA –
• Chatham University, USA —
• Birmingham City Universiy, UK
• Universidad Catolica San Antonio De Murcia (UCAM), Spain
• Hochschule Fulda – University of Applied Sciences, Germany
• Stenden University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands
• Taylor’s University, Malaysia
• Galilee International Management Institute (GIMI), Israel
• Lyceum of the Philippines University, Philippines
• Mindanao State University, Ilagan Institute of Technology, Philippines etc.
The department also has international tie-up with College De Paris, France, California State University, San Bernanndio (USA), University of Worcester (UK) and ICM (UK). The experts from many other foreign universities and organizations visit the department for guest lectures.
GEMS (Globally Evolving Marketing Strategies)
Globally Evolving Marketing Strategies – ‘Think Globally, Act Locally’ is a popular strategy
that is becoming more and more relevant in a globalized world where there are no boundaries when it comes to movement of goods and global marketing services. Now it has become evident that companies cannot insulate itself from Global marketing competition by remaining in the domestic market or specific markets.
The Department of Management Studies organized first edition of GEMS 1.0 in year 2019 dated 6th Nov 2019 – 19th Nov 2019. The event constituted with 2 workshops, 1 FDP and an International Symposium which was attended by academicians, industry experts and entrepreneurs.
GEMS 2.0 (Globally Evolving Marketing Strategies) for Two days 12th & 13TH February 2021
Webinar on “Advanced Marketing 4.0”
Brief: Graphic Era deemed to be University invited Prof. (Dr.) Lutz H Schminke, Professor, Hochschule Fulda, University of Applied Sciences, Germany to deliver a webinar titled “Advanced Marketing 4.0” under Marketing 4.0. The webinar was conducted under the workshop, GEMS 2.0 (Globally Evolving Marketing Strategies).
Webinar on “Introduction to Disruptive Marketing (Marketing 4.0)”
Brief: Graphic Era deemed to be University invited Mr. Guillaume FINCK, Vice President, College de Paris, France to deliver a webinar titled “Introduction to Disruptive Marketing” under Marketing 4.0. The webinar was conducted under the workshop, GEMS 2.0 (Globally Evolving Marketing Strategies)
Webinar on “Customer Centric Approach Industry Adaption 4.0 (new normal)”
Brief: Graphic Era deemed to be University invited Mr. Pradeep Negi, Programme Manager, Governance Rak Bank, Dubai, UAE to deliver a webinar titled “Customer Centric Approach Industry Adaption 4.0” under Marketing 4.0. The webinar was conducted under the workshop, GEMS 2.0 (Globally Evolving Marketing Strategies).
Management Students at Foreign Universities/Organizations
• Global Immersion Programme at Dubai and Abu Dhabi, 2018
• Winter Internship at Hochschule Fulda, University of Applied Sciences, Germany 2017
• Summer Internship at Hochschule Fulda, University of Applied Sciences, Germany 2017
• Global Internship Programme at Dubai, 2017
• Global Internship Programme at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore, 2016
• Global Immersion Program at Dubai, 2015
• Global Immersion Program at Singapore, 2014
International Students at Department of Management Studies
• Ms. Claire Porchet, student of University Geneva, Switzerland has carried out an internship from 27th June 2017 to 02nd Aug 2017 at the Department of Management at Graphic Era University. She carried out the work entitled “Financial Literacy and Planning: How do professional Responds? (A study of University Professors and Students)” under the supervision of Prof. Narendra Singh Bohra.
• Ms. Priya Mishra, BBA student of Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, Japan completed her internship from 6th July to 15th of Sept. 2015 under the mentorship of Dr. Uday Khanna, Asst. Prof., Department of Management Studies. She carried out the work related to Developing a Social Market Model “Dev Mart” for the State of Uttarakhand, in collaboration with Industries Association of Uttarakhand.
• Graphic Era University welcomes international students Ms. Mary Manong’a Republic of Malawi (Africa). The university is proud of seeing the family grow in cultural diversity with the inclusion of Ms Manonga as a student in MBA programs. The student will add a new tinge of ethos, outlook and values by joining the existing pool of students from India and other parts of the world.
• Students from CSUB, California, came to Graphic Era University for their Summer Internship in the field of management. Manpreet Kaur and Ernesto De La Torre, were the undergraduate students who came into the University for pursuing their summer training into various aspects of management. They were exposed to both theoretical and practical dimensions of management by lectures and industrial visits.
Our Faculties at International Universities
Dr. Nagendra Sharma, Associate Professor at Graphic Era from (2017-2020). He has been on study leave to peruse his postdoctoral from Chaoyang University of Technology, Taiwan in the year 2020 to enhance his research goals. His major areas of research include Green Marketing, Circular Economy, Industry 4.0 and sustainability goals aligning with the business management.
Dr. Sanjeev Kumar, Associate professor at Graphic Era from (2009-2019). He is on deputation period of two years and is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Business, Sohar University, Oman. His major areas of research include service quality, graduate work-readiness and electron word of mouth. He has been resource person for various FDPs. He has strong hold on statistical software like- IBM SPSS, AMOS, Smart PLS.
Management Library is equipped with ample of reference books
Total no. of titles:
Total no. of volumes:
Total no. of ref. books:
Total no. of national journals:
Total no. of international journals:
EBSCO- Business Source Elite (1802 e-journals), Graphic Era Deemed to be University, (Digital Library)
Launch your career with us. Experienced faculty, hands-on learning, and industry connections.